At Design Aire, we pride ourselves on good work for a good price, and we stand by our values. We know you have many options throughout St. Louis and St. Charles for HVAC assistance, and we hope you’ll choose us to replace and install your new A/C unit. We service all makes and models, and because of our extensive experience, we have quality parts needed to make your new system run well no matter who manufactured it.
In addition to many awards and accolades recognizing our team for a job well done, we are the #1 Trane dealer in the Midwest and have held that distinction for over a decade.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Replacing
- Air flow is limited and does not blow cold air – Often the first sign that air conditioning repair is needed, an A/C unit that either stops blowing cold air or has limited air flow compared to in the past can be a major sign that a full system failure is imminent. Sometimes this is a sign of a minor problem, such as a clogged drain, so it’s best to have a trained technician inspect the unit to determine if a fix is necessary or if the whole system needs replacing.
- A/C unit makes strange sounds – If your air conditioner makes grinding, squeaking, or other unusual sounds that were not present before, it could be a sign that your unit is reaching the end of its shelf life and is in need of replacing.
- Moisture buildup present – The presence of moisture should come as no surprise to anyone who has an A/C unit. However, excess moisture from a refrigerant leak or that leads to mold growth can be a sign that your system is beyond repair and needs to be fully replaced.
- Bad smell comes from A/C unit – Like with limited air flow or a lack of cold air coming from your air conditioner, a bad smell can be attributed to a minor repair or cleanup. However, strange smells coming from a system that usually has neutral-smelling air can be a definite sign that something isn’t right with your system and needs to be checked.
- Energy bills have increased over time – Air conditioners are designed to run efficiently, meaning they work well without driving your bills higher. However, if you have noticed your energy bills increase even during seasons where you use your A/C less, then it’s time for a technician to diagnose your system problem and recommend repairs or even a full replacement.
Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement Add-On Services
Along with A/C unit install and replacement, we offer a number off replacement and installation add-on services such as custom sheet metal fittings and duct sealing to keep your system running like it should for years to come.
- Custom Sheet Metal Fittings – Our install trucks include a Pittsburgh machine and a metal brake which allow us to fabricate a single-piece supply plenum specifically sized for your system whenever necessary. This custom ductwork assures you the best airflow and performance for your new system. Design Aire distinguishes itself from other companies with our unmatched sheet metal craftsmanship. As members of Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 36, our installers possess superior skills and knowledge about the craft of sheet metal fabrication.
- Duct Sealing – The main areas for air leakage on your system occur closest to the blower (those locations have the highest pressure). We seal the ductwork at your coil, supply plenum, and return air drop to prevent air loss at these critical points.
If you do end up needing your whole air conditioner replaced or want to take preventative steps now to ensure your system lasts longer, it might be time to consider an A/C maintenance plan. Our plans provide homeowners peace of mind about their system tune-ups and come with other benefits as well, such as:
- $100 discount on system replacement (if needed) for plan A
- $300 discount on system replacement (if needed) for plan B
You can trust our technicians with your air conditioning system no matter its current issues and rely on us for affordable, reliable diagnoses and maintenance for the life of your unit.
Contact Us for AC Replacement & Installation Services
To replace and install your A/C unit with an efficient new system, contact Design Aire today!